I went to chili's and as i was eating there was a peace of glass on my food . is this a case i can sue?

Concord, CA |

i immiedetly started to get nervous and my body started to shake. i could of choked on that glass luckly i took it out my mouth. The manager all he did was not charge me for my plate. but i am experiencing bad things. i now have nightmares of glass in my mouth and on my bed. i dont eat anymore im frighten. i get paranoid i cant sleep. Thoughts keep coming on my mind of how i could of died.

The manager says those things happen but my server said he been working there for five years and it never happened. Is it worth to hire a lawyer and win?

Best Answer

CAn you sue? Yes. But the question really is can you win and if so, how much? Cannot speculate as to your probability of prevailing, need a bit more information. However, it is not worth more than small claims and definitely less than you might expect.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Is there any lawyer that you would recommend for my type of case, that will fight the case with out recieving any money until the case has been fully solved. To be more secure

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. You can't sue for what might have happened. Nightmares are not a sufficient basis for a lawsuit.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

im paranoid all the time . i dont even eat now. I beleave they messed me up.

is there anything i can do. im tired of this.

Tanya Marie Bachand

Tanya Marie Bachand

You can seek the help of a mental health professional. its akin to PTSD (but not PTSD, of course) and a therapist can help get you over your fears.

i didnt have this fears until i ate at chili's . but i am going to try and ask other lawyers for their opinion . thank you.

Tanya Marie Bachand

Tanya Marie Bachand

I understand. I wish there were a way, but there isn't. Maybe someone will have a different opinion. I wish you the best.

While I understand it can be upsetting, you need to have sustained some sort of injury in order to pursue a legal action. It's fortunate you did not get hurt, but you have no basis to sue...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Without an injury, a lawsuit would be fruitless