I was wondering how do USCIS and Homeland Security look at OPT? I only managed to work 6months out of the 1 year and stayed.

New York, NY |

Will USCIS and/or homeland security find out I didn't work for the last 6 months and therefore find out I overstayed? It was still in the system after 11months that I was working there. When i'll re-apply for a visa in the future will they know I didn't work for the last 6 months? How would they know? Would they call the company? How is the process?

Sounds like you need a consultation.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

So you want us to tell you all this information so you would know how to game the system?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Isn't that your job?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

To teach you how to game the system? nope.

To answer the questions your clients have. To inform your clients about their situation and what they can do about it... To inform your clients if they are at risk or not... The attorneys are here to game the system, that's why people hire them because they have the knowledge of what can be done and what can't, attorneys will do their best to have the best possible outcome for their clients. Otherwise, what's the point of having an attorney?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I guess there is none.

The question is not whether anyone will find out. You must answer the questions on a visa application truthfully

Oh, these question are on the visa application?