I WAS SOLD A VEHICLE THAT HAD A LIEN THAT I WAS UN AWARE IUNTIL I TRIED TO REGISTER VEHICLE..THE TITLE THE PERSON GAVE WAS A OLD

Chicago, IL |

THE TITLE NUMBER WAS FROM PREVIOUS OWNERS I THINK IT HAS A REPO ON IT. THE PERSON CHANGED THERE NUMBER AND THE INFO ON TITLE IS NOT CORRECT SO I JUS HAVE THE VEHICLE AND NO PAPER WRK. IM TRYING TO GET A ATTORNEY TO TALK TO THE LIEN HOLDER TO TELL THEM THE VEHICLE WAS SOLD TO ME WITH OUT MY KNOWLEDGE. WAT ASHOULD I DO I TRIED TO MAKE A POLICE REPORT BUT THEY WAS NO HELP SAYING THAT ITS A CIVIL MATTER. WE TRADED VEHICLES AND HE ALREADY REGISTERED MY VEHICLE FINE

Since you are trying to hire counsel, let your attorney handle this. Additionally, please turn off your capslock.

Try contacting the Illinois Secretary of State police department.

The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an ongoing duty to respond to questions. It is intended to be solely the educated opinion of the author and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Some responses may be advertising material. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the inquiring person and additional or differing facts might change the response. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the state of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the inquiring party should consult a local attorney for specific answers and advice. Answering this question does not create a duty to keep information confidential, nor does it prevent me from representing an adverse party. Advertising Materials.