Skip to main content

I was sexually harassed at work. I reported it. The manager that sexually harassed me was good friends with the store manager.

Midland, TX |

The manager reported it to the home office. They said it was invested but unconfirmed. I was not given anymore details. I did not know at the time that he admitted making the sexually demeaning comment to me. I received a good 90 day review prior to this incident. After I reported him, I could not do anything right. I received poor work performance reviews, denied raises, promotions. The store manager made negative comments about me to mutual friends of ours. She discussed my personal health information. The manager that sexually harassed me has sexually harassed other employees, discriminated against employees based on their religion, has thrown objects at coworkers causing bruising, and other things. He has been repeatedly reported yet he has suffered no repercussions. Can we sue?.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I suggest you contact a lawyer to discuss this issue. You're welcome to call me [(214) 803-2418; free consultation] or call another lawyer. One of us will be able to guide you on how to properly handle this matter.

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: A New Employment / Labor Question Has Been Posted on Avvo


It definitely sounds like it may be retaliation for complaining about sexual harassment. You may have claims against your employer both for the underlying sexual harassment allegations and retaliation. You need to speak with an employment lawyer soon because there is a limited time frame to file your claims.


Take Mr. Cohen up on his generous offer.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.


From what you've included here, it definitely sounds like you likely have valid claims for a hostile or offensive working environment and retaliation. You most likely have a federal claim under Title VII and then state claims under Texas law. I agree that you should contact a local employment lawyer immediately to make sure you exhaust your administrative remedies and get the ball rolling on your claims. The fact that there is considerable evidence of your manager engaging in this type of inappropriate conduct before only strengthens your case.

Joe Larson

This answer is for information only. It does not constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship between Joseph A. Larson Law Firm PLLC and any receiver. This site is governed by a Site Use Agreement that you accept by reviewing these pages. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney.


Call Attorney Cohen. It sounds like retaliation. Mr. Cohen's offer for consultation will help you get on the right track.

Rengin Bekhtyar's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship.