Skip to main content

I was sentence to 6 months in federal prison

Orlando, FL |

I was sentence for conspiracy to commit wire fraud to 6 months , would i get good time credit even though is a short time ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


zNo. Under 18 U.S.C. § 3624, you only get credit when you serve more than a year in federal prison, and you would get 54 days per each year served.

I'm a Florida personal injury, criminal defense, and federal civil rights lawyer. If you have personal injury, criminal defense or federal civil rights case and are interested in my services, then please go to my Avvo profile to email or call me. I cannot contact you. Until you sign a contract with me, I'm not your lawyer, and you should not rely upon Avvo for any legal advice except to consult with an attorney. That's always good advice.


Mr. Dillingham is correct. Did you spend any days in jail at all when you were arrested? Those days should get you some credit.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.


I agree with my colleagues.


Sorry, it has to be at least one year for you to get good time credit. Kind regards.

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only.


If you have already earned your GED or H.S. Diploma, you qualify for good time credit around 14%.

Stephen F Wallace

Stephen F Wallace


PS, as already mentioned - only for over a one year sentence!


The sentencing judge determines the sentence based many factors. It appears that several factors caused a reduction in the potential sentence. At a certain point the resultant sentence is either accepted or appealed. It appears that you are at that point in the process.

Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer