Skip to main content

I was rob at gun point in my apartments beat real bad an the rent office aint help me we what should I do already call the polic

Decatur, GA |

I walk threw ask for change for a ten the guy gave a five a said hold on then said come rite qiuck I did he shut and lock it as he went to the back of their house to I notice to other guys on the sofa as he came back and we exchange the money one guy hit me in the back of my head while the other two help jump on me an go in my pockets I felt the door open so I tryed to run out they follow me an continue to hit me with the gun its on camera and nothing is being done I see them every day but dont no names what can I do

+ Read More

Filed under: Civil rights
Attorney answers 2


You should report the crime and everything you know about who did it to the police.


It sounds as though these people live in your complex. First of all you should immediately call the police. I'm a hot concerned as to why you didn't do that in the first place. Once you have done that and appropriate action has been taken by the authorities, you may consider having a lawyer investigate whether these individuals had a prior criminal history. Most apt complexes run background checks on tenants and all complexes have a duty to provide adequate security.

It is possible that you may have a claim against the apt complex although, under Georgia law, the claim would be subject to the new apportionment statute.

This response is provided for informational purposes only. It is not a consultation and is not legal advice. You should not act or fail to act in reliance upon the information provided in this response. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and our Firm. You should always consult with an attorney prior to taking any action with regard to a potential legal problem.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer