Skip to main content

I was recently taken by I.C.E and got released the same day and now I'm waiting for a court date. Will i get deported ?

Torrance, CA |

I was brought here since i was 6 years old (1995/1996) with a visa, It expired and still stayed here in the us. I finished hs and currently in college. I was charged with a 243 e i (demoestic violence) for pushing my gf out of my house because she was destroying my stuff. I'm currently going to my dv classes every week. I got picked up my ice and released the same day, i got put in the isap program till court hearing. My Mother, father, brother and sister are all citizens of the us and residents. What are the chances of me getting deported?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney asap.


You really need to consult with an immigration attorney. Immigration proceedings are serious, and an experienced immigration attorney, once they know all the details of your situation, including all other criminal history, will be able to inform you as to what possible forms of relief you may be eligible for.


Retain an attorney now. The point really is to help you stay here and legalize. You have several relief options.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Get a lawyer right away!

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.


You need a criminal attorney with knowledge of immigration consequences

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.