Skip to main content

I was recently detained in a Mental Health Facility, against my will and was refused counsel, had allergic reactions to drugs

Port Townsend, WA |

I reported to the police that I was worried that "if my father attacked me, I might hurt him." The officer reported that I was simply afraid I might hurt my father, I was detained, no evaluation was given until I was taken to a different county's hospital. There they forced drugs that I reported allergic reactions on me, double dosed me on different drugs, reported my whereabouts to individuals (not law enforcement) outside the hospital without my permission, I was refused counsel for four days and then when I attempted to appeal the courts decision the public defenders refused to help me. They also lied to me and said that Jehovah witnesses are allowed to give blood, which they are not, I had recently started being a practicing Jehovah's witness. My father had been acting violently.

+ Read More

Filed under: Appeals
Attorney answers 1


In California a person can be held under the CA WELFARE AND INSTITUTIONS CODE SECTION 5150, which permits a hold for 72 hours of any person, as a result of mental disorder, is a danger to others, or to himself or herself. Many states have similar laws. You need to consult with a private Washington lawyer to determine your rights, whether they were violated and remedies that might be available to you.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Law Offices of Richard M. Katz 1122 East Green Street Pasadena, Ca. 91106 (626) 275-4162 (626) 796-6333 (626) 796-5615 facsimile

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer