Skip to main content

I was rear ended in a company vehicle while off work driving home. I was injured. Could I sue there insurance company?

Lexington, KY |

I went to the ER was diagnosed with cervical sprain and lower spine sprain. I have not been cleared to work in almost 2 weeks. I'm still in pain. I have not heard from her insurance company. I had to file workmans comp when I went to the hospital. Im not sure on what to do and feel that,I will need more medial treatment

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

First of all, if you were just on your way home, you would probably not be covered under workers' comp as workers comp generally doesn't apply to commuting. There are exceptions to this rule but you would need to discuss this with an attorney to see if any exceptions apply. Your first order of business is to find a lawyer and get your no-fault benefits started through your own auto insurance. This would be the insurer that provided the coverage on the company vehicle. Also you need to determine if you are covered by any health insurance. An attorney can assist you in coordinating benefits. You need to take care of getting the proper medical treatment for now and worry about pursuing a personal injury claim against the other driver later. That is the very purpose of the Kentucky No-Fault Act. There are many fine lawyers in Lexington. I also handle cases in Lexington (born and raised there). If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck.


Yes; conta t local and qualified personal injury counsel. Don't delay further. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


You should notify your personal health insurance company, which is referred to as your PIP carrier. They are responsible for the first $10,000.00 of medical bills right now and will be reimbursed by the at-fault insurance company at the end of the case. . Then you should notify the insurance company of the car that caused the wreck. They are responsible for pain and suffering. Before doing this I would suggest you contact an experienced Kentucky car accident attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.

The author of this posting is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This posting is intended to provide general information only, and is not intended to provide as legal advice in connection with any specific case or fact situation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal answers you should consult with an attorney.


You should speak with a qualified injury attorney.

By answering questions in this forum, Attorney Anna Aleksander does not undertake to represent you in your legal matter, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Answers are provided for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as advice of counsel. Speak with a lawyer who practices in this area to determine the best course of action for you and your case.


Sue the driver of course

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer