Skip to main content

I was rear ended by another car (a business VP/owner) in August. It tore up his large truck.

Clemmons, NC |

The local service department did the body work, but did not do a good job, The insurance company agreed that I could take it to another shop to get it repaired, and paid for a rental car that was 70 miles from here. Once the car was there, they sent an adjuster and said they were not paying anything, the original shop would have to fix it, it also had mechanical damage that was never paid. Now they will not pay for anything (even the mechanical damage). The guy was on his IPhone when he hit me. I had 3 people at the other driver's insurance company that told me I could get it fixed at the other shop (including the manager and it was recorded), now they have turned everything down and my car has a broken steering column and is not safe to drive. It is back at the original shop.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I'm not sure what your question is however it sounds like you need to consult with a personal injury / civil litigation attorney in your area. It sounds like the insurance company is jerking you around and you will need some help to straighten out liability and damages. Best of luck

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


I'm sorry to hear about this. Best bet is to retain a local car accident attorney to get this resolved properly.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I agree with the legal technical language employed by attorney Patrick whereby he informed you that the insurance company is 'jerking you around.' It's a nightmare. It happens every day.

You must document the promises to repair and also document the defective work to the car. Unless you signed a release, then, bring a claim, after documentation of the facts, in the right court.

The rest of my answer: [Blue-Link-Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


I looked for a question mark In your statement, but could not find one. What is your specific question?

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer