Skip to main content

I was raped give years ago by a man in Philadelphia and he is now harassing me at my job in NJ.

Pemberton, NJ |

When I went to the hospital, the nurse told me that it was not rape. We were dating it was rough sex but I knew in my heart she was wrong . For 5 years later, he has been harassing me in my home state of New Jersey.
I'm tired of this and now would like to press charges. I thought he would go away but he has not. What can I do now? I feel desperate
press charges

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Go to the police and try to file a domestic violence charge.


Report his activity to the police - try to obtain a restraining order. If need, consult a local attorney for assistance, it will be worth the fee. Best wishes

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Better yet go to the police and file a rape charge. The nurse had no way of knowing whether your experience with this man was rape or not. All she can do is look at your physical condition and opine that it is or is not consistent with rape. This should not have prevented you from filing charges. The nurse should be in another profession.


I agree with Mr. Kaman. This nurse had a lot of nerve to give her opinion on something that was beyond the realm of her expertise. Nevertheless go to the police and report everything. You should get a temporary restraining order immediately to start.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.