Skip to main content

I was put on suspension without pay for 30 days and all I was told by HR was that my work was "sloppy". Do I have any rights?

Wayne, NJ |

I work for a defense contractor. My team and I did everything according to policy. My senior leadership Team were terminated and I along with 3 other subordinates were suspended without pay. No one in HR or our legal department has been able to point out what we did wrong. I have a son going to college next month and this has become a hardship to me financially. What can I do to obtain back pay without damaging my career in the company?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you are a member of a union I would suggest that you contact your union representative to review the terms of the labor contract. If you have a contract of employment you should review that with an attorney to determine if there was breach or if there was discriminatory action by you employer that was actionable.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer