Skip to main content

I was purchasing a truck from a friend and we had a verbal agreement can he report the truck stolen?

Odessa, TX |

i had a verbal agreement with a friend purchasing a truck from him, i advised him i had lost my job and was going to miss some payments and he agreed to wait but he ended up reporting the truck stolen and im going to court and being charge with unlawful use of a vehicle.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should hire an attorney immediately. Consent is a defense to unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and a lawyer can assist you in investigating the facts and hopefully securing a dismissal assuming no other detrimental facts.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737



Thank you, I did hire a lawyer but she stated there is no indictment yet and i have to wait until there hear something.... and thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer