Skip to main content

I was on social security Disability for 4 years because of a serious head injury caused by my bosses ladder .

Mount Joy, PA |

they offered me $50,000 for the injury but they said if i did any work for 5 years they would take every pennie back .
So i told them that i wanted to try and do some kind of work to try and hell myself .
because the state told me they were to broke to pay for therope
I have tryed for years to work and 95% of employers will not hire me because for one thing .
I know they have black guarded me in Lancaster county because i had a lawyer .
i just had scotty,s Painting hire me and at the end of the day he said thanks a lot you did a lot of work .the next day he called me and said john the builder blew up on me for hiring you .
and i said why he said i don't know he just said he don't want to use you.
and i never met the builder or said any thing to him or any one out of the order .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


This is not a Social Security question but rather a tort question. Contact a lawyer and let him know whatever evidence you may have. You may have a case against John the builder. Contact an attorney in your area.


If your injury prevents you from full time employment then you can look into social security. Otherwise this would be better asked of a contract, tort, and/or employment law attorney here on Avvo or elsewhere.

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC


Information is missing from this question to properly evaluate.


I agree with Mr. Lassen that there is information missing. However, I think your fact pattern is going to be too complex to address this way. You should contact a lawyer who has experience in employment law and discrimination.
Let me also add that I think it is commendable that you are trying to overcome a disability.

This answer contains general information only; and it is not intended as legal advice. It is not intended to and does not create an attorney client relationship. Information contained here is only a starting point and you should consider discussing your specific problem in depth with a licensed attorney.


I'm not sure what your question is. It sounds like you may have a workers' compensation claim since you talk about a settlement. You may be eligible for SSD since you posted in this section, but if you have been working this suggests that you are not disabled as defined by SSA. You mention that you had a lawyer, so I would suggest that you sit down with them as they should know what is going on. If not, try to find a local lawyer for a free consult. FYI, watch out for Statutes of Limitations (S/L). These depend on the facts of your WC and your "date last insured" re: your SSD claim, do don't delay in getting that consult. Best of luck to you!


Sorry, but do not understand your question. Maybe you should try to re-post your question in a more simple & direct manner. Sorry to hear of your injury & related employment problems.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer