Skip to main content

I was offered $700 for whiplash is that fair?

Pulaski, TN |

I suffered whiplash in a car wreck of no fault of mines and had to go to hospital, medical doctor, chriopactractor, and a massage therapist

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Maybe; contact local and qualified personal injury counsel. All you've done thus far is help your adversary limit any potential recovery.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


I am unable to tell based upon the limited facts. I suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area.


it is very hard to say without additional information. You need to contact a local personal injury attorney as soon as possible and especially before you sign any settlement documents. I would be very surprised if you're Medical expenses do not exceed the $700 that was offered to you. Many additional factors play into the amount of any settlement including but not limited to lost wages pain and suffering Etc.


Whiplash is a common injury that can have many long term effects if not handled properly. While rules are different from state to state regarding what you can sue for, I would imagine that your claim value should be higher. Because so many people have this type of question, I wrote an article a while back detailing the specifics of a whiplash injury claim. I would strongly recommend that you first consult with a locally experienced car accident attorney to review your case and advise you further regarding your claim.


Probably not, but that's a number that's thrown out to someone without an attorney. Consult one free, right away.

Every situation is different, and good legal advice cannot be given based on a short question without an exploration of all the facts that may bear on your situation. This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been established.


I assume you don't have an attorney. It would be best if you retained an experienced injury attorney. Most attorneys would feel that such an offer with the treatment you described is too low, but your case would have to be reviewed to give you an accurate number.


Definitely talk to a personal injury attorney in the area where the accident happened. If you had all that treatment, I would think that offer is too low. But an attorney would need to look at your medical records and know the details of the accident to say for sure. Good luck.


Get maximum compensation with a personal injury lawyer. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer