Skip to main content

I was making a right hand turn riding a bike and got hit by a car turning left. Is the driver at fault, should I get a lawyer?

High Point, NC |

I'm in NC, USA and today while riding my bicycle, I was hit by a car. I was riding on the right side of the road, and making a right hand turn. The driver was making a left hand turn onto the same road, but as he says "overshot the road" so he had to back up, and then try to get onto that road again. I was about to turn while he is going in reverse. While I was in the turn, he decide to put it in drive and rammed into me, knocking me off my bike. I did not break anything, but I'm pretty banged up, and cut up. I filed a police report on scene (which I cant get until tomorrow), and was taken in the ambulance. I want to be sure that my hospital bills will be covered, and what steps should I take next. As the day went on, things were getting sore, and still are to this point. My knee is pretty banged up, my hands are cut up from catching myself, and my back muscles (not spine) are sore. What do I do now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Based on the facts in your posting the driver sounds liable. However, yes, you should retain counsel to pursue this fully. Personal injury attorneys nearly always give a free initial consultation.

The insurance industry’s own statistics indicate that once an attorney becomes involved, the value of any claim at least doubles.

Put those two facts together and it is in your best interest to retain experienced legal counsel at your earliest possible convenience.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.


You would always be better off with an attorney on your side, someone who knows how to properly set up your claim to maximize your recovery. It is the best course of action and the best advice that can be given to you.

I hope this helps-

Nima Taradji

Disclaimer: I am a lawyer licensed in the State of Illinois only, and I am not your lawyer (unless you have been in my office and signed a contract). This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice. This is for informational purposes only.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow your doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to your medical records. Photograph your injuries and the damage done to any vehicle or other property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer