Skip to main content

I was issuesd an open container ticket in Ga and I wasnt able to attend court. What. Should I do? I tried calling the court

Fort Pierce, FL |

They gave me a bunch of numbers. II live in Florida and I don't know how to resolve this.

+ Read More

Filed under: Criminal defense
Attorney answers 2


Generally speaking, if you cannot attend a court date, you must let the court know as soon as possible. But as to your specific situation, you are dealing with Georgia law. Florida attorneys generally will shy away from giving advice related to Georgia law, because to give such advice without a Georgia attorney license can be unethical and illegal. I suggest you resubmit your question as a Georgia question.

The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo are general in nature and limited to the facts as stated. The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo should not be construed as legal advice on which the reader relies without further consultation with an attorney. No attorney-client relationship is created on Avvo question & answer forums. This attorney is licensed and admitted to practice law in the State of Florida only.


Call a GA attorney and give him your information. The attorney will be able to take care of everything for you.

This does not form an attorney-client relationship. This is for informational purposes only.