Skip to main content

I was involved in truck accident on june 10, 2007 and the case still not been solved and i have a lawyer. how long does it take?

Clarkston, GA |

On june 10, 2007 i got in to a truck accident in tascaloosa, alabama. I have a lawyer in alabama now and i have already meet my lawyer and the people am sue for the accident. Anyways the way it happen was i was on i-20 coming home for my sister wedding from california. i was acompany driver when another truck which was on the shoulder trying to come in the freeway but i was soo close to him and the traffic was buzy he didnt look whos coming towards him he end coming into the traffic infront me. And i was so close to him that i had no choice but to stear to the right because if i stear on the left side i will run over other cars. but as i was stear to the right it was too later for me to break enough to stop but end up hit him from the back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


As you currently have an attorney, it would not be appropriate for attorneys here on to offer specific legal advice as to your claim. Your question should be directed to your retained attorney, who is in the very best possible position to answer your question concerning time.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.


I agree that you should direct this question to your lawyer. Of course, if the lawyer does not give you a satisfactory answer, you have the right to fire your lawyer and find one who gives straight answers, but I would definitely suggest you give your current lawyer an opportunity to answer your questions before taking such a step.


I am not licensed to practice law in Alabama but have done some work there on individual injury or death cases by admission pro hac vice. You do not make it clear whether or not suit has been filed. Ala. Code § 6-2-38 sets a two year statute of limitation. If suit has not been filed, then your case may have been irrevocably lost due to inaction. If suit has been filed, it can take an extraordinarily long time. My limited experience with Alabama litigation has been that there are not uniform rules setting a timeline for completion of cases, so that both pre-trial and appeal processes can take several years.

You should call your Alabama lawyer to discuss your case rather than relying upon the online advice of lawyers from all over the country.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer