Skip to main content

I was involved in an accident. The other car fled the scene. Police report says no one at fault. What can I do?

Conway, SC |

I was involved in an accident with another vehicle. The driver of the other took off. I called the police with the plate number and they caught him . He was charged with DUI and hit and run. Both of us were on the same hwy in the same direction. The damage on my car starts on the front right corner by the turn signal and it ends on the right passenger door. The damage on the other vehicle is on the rear left quarter panel. I said that he was on my right lane and swerved in front of me, he says that his passenger drove the car when the accident happened and I swerved in an attempt to avoid rear ending him. Than after the crash they swapped driving and he drove away. There are no independent witnesses. The police filled a report with no one at fault. The other guy insurance won't pay.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Their actions are negative. You can file in small claims court. It is difficult that there are not independent witnesses.


short need an attorney. I have had very similar cases multiple times. The opposing insurance companies always deny liability. They will continue to deny liability until you call them on it. I hate to be that frank, but it's amazing how many times people involved in an accident get taken advantage of. I would be happy to help you, and our initial consultation is free.



Today I actually stopped by your office and made an appointment with you for Tuesday . That is a big coincidence.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez


Good for you!!! Take the initiative. You need help. Best of luck.


This denial is typical of the insurance adjusters. I have not met one yet that will give me the policy limits with their compliments. It is always an uphill battle. You are doing right to go see attorney Hyman. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


Small claims court.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer