Skip to main content

I was involved in a crash i was not the driver when the cops showed up my friend got scared and said i was the driver

Inverness, FL |

he told the cops i was the driver

i received a DUI charge can i beat this!!??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to consult a criminal lawyer ASAP. These are serious charges.



i understand that it's a serious matter the driver has agreed to write an affidavit admitting he was in fact the driver of the vehicle is there a good chance it could be dropped?

David B Pittman

David B Pittman


You need to consult a criminal lawyer fir the best way to go about this. You've got a DUI pending and lying to the police. You need good advice


Contact an attorney right away to review the matter with you. I would suggest not giving any statement until you have talked with an attorney..


Retain a local criminal lawyer, and don't post anything incriminating.


Contact Rick Silverman in Tampa who, if he does not handle cases in Inverness, could recommend someone closer to you.


You might be able to beat this, however, I suggest you retain criminal defense counsel to defend this charge. You also should subpoena the actual driver and get the driver to admit to the court that you were not driving. Your attorney will be able to issue the appropriate subpoenas.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer