I was involved in a car accident and wanted an attorney to draft a demand letter.

Peoria, IL |

You will find many attorneys by clicking on the Find a Lawyer link at the top of this page. This forum is for Q&A. You may actually need more than just a demand letter. Good luck.

There is more to it than just a demand letter. Need to start the claim with the negligent parties insurance. Get all your medical records and bills. Deal with any liens. Negotiate with the insurance company. Feel free to contact me to discuss.

Louis J. Meyer
Meyer & Kiss, LLC
Offices in Chicago, Peoria & Rockford

You should consult with a local injury lawyer asap. There is much more than drafting demand letters involved. Knowing what to say, what documentation is needed, etc requires experience. Concussions can be tricky. Once you settle, you cant come back later for more. it is important to be sure your condition has been thoroughly assessed by the doctors. I dont know how long ago the injury occurred, but you shouldnt rush into a settlement.

I agree with the previous attorney's post. There is more to a claim than just a demand letter. And attempting to piece together legal services will only prove devastating to your claim. You need to consult with an attorney for the personal injury claim, for the entire claim, not just bits and pieces.

I am only licensed in Arkansas. No part of this answer should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship.

Robert Edward Fenster

Robert Edward Fenster

This is the best advice one could give/get!

Indeed you should consult with a local attorney as there is always more involved than just drafting a demand letter. Most states have disclosure laws requiring the at fault driver's insurance company (and even your own) to disclose coverages in writing within a specified time, and this can have considerable bearing on your overall claim, not to mention gathering all pertinent medical records.

A concussion is a form of brain injury and can be quite complicated. You should contact an attorney for representation not just for a demand letter.

The providing of information in response to an inquiry does not establish an attorney client relationship. Depending on the circumstances, an exchange of private emails or telephone calls may. Burtonap@aol.com (219) 836 2200

You need to hire an attorney.

The demand letter is just one middle step in the process. Before the demand letter, an experienced attorney will make sure that all evidence necessary to prove liability and damages has been obtained. After the demand letter negotiation is usually necessary. An attorney has greater bargaining power knowing that he can file suit in order to get a fair result when necessary. For these reasons, I really doubt that you're going to find a good attorney who will agree to simply write a demand letter for you.

Your next step should be a private, confidential, free consultation with an experienced Chicago personal injury attorney. I am available to provide a free consultation by phone during business hours or by email at any time.

Steven A. Sigmond
Law Office of Steven A. Sigmond
345 N. Canal #1208
Chicago, IL 60606

(312) 756-1186
Steve@Siglaw.com

Steven A. Sigmond offers confidential fee consultations to anyone who has been injured in an accident or hurt at work. However, a free consultation is not legal advice. This answer is general information and should not be considered "legal advice." Proper legal advice can only be obtained after hiring an attorney and providing full information regarding your case.

i believe you need to make sure your injuries have been fully addressed. so the attorney will need to make sure of the injuries and all other surrounding circumstances so he can adequately handle this. while i am not licensed to handle a case in IL, i am currently involved in lit in your state and cont mind answering any questions you may have. My office number is 615-859-1996. or contact an attorney who contributes here. thanks.

A concussion is a brain injury as indicated by others. You should not handle the matter yourself. Seek consultation with an attorney.

Regretfully, even if the other driver is clearly at fault, you will likely need a lot more than a demand letter to recover for your injuries. You will want to consult with a skilled personal injury lawyer - if you do not know of one in Peoria, Adebayo Adesina, who you can find on Avvo, is an excellent PI attorney in Chicago.

Good luck!

This answer is not a substitute for professional legal advice. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice. If you ignore this warning and convey confidential information in a private message or comment, there is no duty to keep that information confidential or forego representation adverse to your interests. Seek the advice of a licensed attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction before taking any action that may affect your rights. If you believe you have a claim against someone, consult an attorney immediately, otherwise there is a risk that the time allotted to bring your claim may expire.