Skip to main content

I was involved in a 1 car wreck, avoided a deer hit a pole. Not my car, im not on insurance policy but i am injured. Should I be

Cartersville, GA |

covered? He had full coverage on the car and I have a separate policy on my car with full coverage, will either pay for my medical expenses?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


The automobile should be covered by the insurance policies and if you have medical coverage on your policy it should also cover you for your medical expenses. Georgia does not have PIP like in Florida but you have an option to purchase Medical Payments Coverage which would cover you in these situations. Good Luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Report it to your own insurance company.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


If you were the passenger, and the driver's actions were negligent, then you would have a claim for personal injury which should be presented to the driver's insurance company. There is probably med pay coverage that would apply for your immediate needs. You need to speak to a personal injury attorney.


It depends. Did either the car you were driving or the vehicle you own have Medical Payments Coverage or Personal Injury Protection coverage or a similar type of coverage which pays for medical bills related to a car crash? You need to read both policies. Report the incident to both carriers. If the car policies don't have medical coverage, submit the bills to your group carrier at work or any other medical type coverage you may have.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Call both insurance companies to report the accident and see what their response is to coverage for medical treatment. Also, check the actual paper insurance policies for Medpay coverage and look at the wording of each policy to see if the Medpay coverage, if available, covers your situation. If you were a passenger, then you may have an action against the driver. Speak with an Atlanta, Georgia personal injury attorney.

Law Office of Sidney Weinstein
Atlanta, Georgia Accident Injury Attorney

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Sidney Weinstein, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Sidney Weinstein,, (404) 522-3108.