Skip to main content

I was injured on the job did not notify anyone do I have any recourse?

Biscoe, NC |

I was hired under false pretense was made to hand unload truck loads of mattresses was not capable of doing the job injured arm thought it was just a pulled muscle was fired after 12 days of employment now 30 days later arm is getting worse .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Seek out a workers' compensation attorney in your area.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.


You have 30 days to report the accident and injury in writing to your employer. If you are late doing that, you can still get covered, but you need a good excuse. I highly recommend that you read my legal guide (on my profile page) about the "recorded statement" before you do anything else. Based on what you have posted here, I think you will almost certainly need the help of a workers' compensation lawyer to get your claim covered.


Not sure if there is any specific time deadline, but you should report accident to your employer. Seek immediate medical treatment if necessary. Then consult with an experienced worker comp lawyer in your jurisdiction.

Information provided above is intended for general information only. The information presented above should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer