Skip to main content

I was injured in a car accident how long do I have to go to the doctor

North Olmsted, OH |

Doctors offices were closed due to holiday weekend

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


Go to the ER. Get the medical attention you need.


As soon as possible - for your own physical well-being and for the viability of a potential legal case. Won't the offices have a physician on call? At the very least, you can go to ER. Otherwise, first thing tomorrow morning. Best of luck.

This is only an Avvo answer. I am not getting paid to give this response and am basing this response only on the information provided to me in the above question.


No set rule. Some people wait weeks. You are fine. Go to doctor and talk to a attorney.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


The sooner the better. There is absolutely no deadline but the longer you wait the more difficult it may be to convince the insurance company the medical treatment in question is a result of the accident. My office is in Cleveland and I'd be happy to talk to you about your rights. Feel free to call or email me. I hope you feel better.


How about an urgent care today; or at least your personal doctor tomorrow. If you don't have a doctor a personal injury attorney should be able to assist you in obtaining medical care on a lien basis.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Get necessary medical treatment as soon as possible. Go to a local ER is needed.


Go as soon as possible.


If you can't go today to the ER, go tomorrow. Then call a local personal injury attorney. Most personal injury attorneys provide a free initial consultation. I am truly sorry you were injured. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Yesterday. If you are having any symptoms (even minor ones), it is best to get checked out right away. Insurance companies love to use delays in treatment and "gaps" in treatment as justification to deny or devalue claims. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer