Skip to main content

I was injured at my new job and never went to dr now a week later my boss made excuses and let me go.

Whippany, NJ |

I went to work for a licensed insured contractor. i was injured do to the negligence of another employee. i reported it and went home ear;y to ice my back.the next day i could barely move and had a hard time making it threw work. thats when the contractor started to put down my work every day he found something wrong with my work. he knew i was injured and couldn't move fast. So he fired me on Saturday, saying i couldn't do the kind of work h expected. he was supposed to pay me in a check and paid me in cash i suspect he did so that i could not prove i worked for him. i is fully licensed and insured. he left many text messages about were to go to work and hours worked and my injury. now i still haven't scene a dr and i my back is so bad i cant even leave my bed, what do i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I could give you a long winded answer about what you are entitled to under workers comp, but let me make this really easy, get to an attorney ASAP, any attorney who handles comp will be able to help you out. You are hurt and you need medical attention, call, make an appointment.

The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes. This content does not create an attorney-client relationship.


If he is insured, and you were injured, it should all work out if you get an Attorney.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.


You are confused. Your boss has a right to fire you but he also has an obligation to provide WC benefits. IMMEDIATELY consult a local WC attorney to guide you through this.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


I handle worker's compensation claims for injured workers in New Jersey. Please call my office to discuss your case in more detail and to discuss what your legal rights are in this situation. Thank you.
Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-