I was in an incident with my ex fiance' he has now has a Domestiv Violence Charge, but it was clearly and accident what I do?

Dallas, TX |

I went to his house to get some things since we had broken up, the belongings he technically paid for, i waited for him to come outside and he was aggitated that I showed up which I should have called him, he got upset and I refuse to move my car well he kept pleading with me to move the car and I was being stubborn bc I knew it would upset him, I was so focus on the items at the time, he let my window down and started the ignition and was trying to move my car from outside well he reached in again and accidently struck me on the side of my nose. He was so scared, HE called the cops while I was cleaning my nose up, they arrested him for Domestic Violence and I told the police it was an accident but they want to pursue the charges I have asked them to be drop but they wont what do I do now?

and I told him by text message that I was going to his house and I didn't wait for a response and by the time I got there he told me he was in the shower so I just pulled behind his vehicle. If I was really being beat up or abused I would have called the cops myself doesn't that count for something? The cops put down I said I got punched like a man, I do not recall saying this if anything I would have said it felt like I got punched like a man and I was crying and upset and on top of that they did not put when i was ask if this was an accident and I said YES they didn't include this in the report and both police man were there when i answered to this!

If you told the same story as you are telling now, and so did he, then even though they filed charges they will have a very difficult time proving them because they have NO evidence of intent.

He needs to hire a good lawyer, and you can talk with that lawyer in an effort to get charges dismissed, or for him to get a not guilty after a trial.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

Yes ma'am I told them this, but I only got asked if it was an accident once. and they are not trying to hear me out and on my statement I put i got struck not he punched me or anything like that but I feel i need i need to make another statement to reiterate it was an accident please help me I cannot let this happen because he has done nothing wrong and they are saying since he was yelling at the scene that he was out of control but it was just because he was scared and nervous because of my nose.

and I told him by text message that I was going to his house and I didn't wait for a response and by the time I got there he told me he was in the shower so I just pulled behind his vehicle. If I was really being beat up or abused I would have called the cops myself doesn't that count for something?

The cops put down I said I got punched like a man, I do not recall saying this if anything I would have said it felt like I got punched like a man. and on top of that they did not put when i was ask if this was an accident and I said YES they didn't include this in the report and both police man were there when i answered to this! How can I revise or add more to my statement

Tell this to his lawyer who may request a signed statement from you.

Ok what about my first statement to the police I told them I didn't want to pursue and also they don't have accurate information in their report.

and at the scene i accepted a protective order because I was thinking this would protect my belongings well when the investagator called I told him the police didn't really explain it to me so after explaining I told him no that would not be necessary

John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson

Talk to his lawyer about everything. Also, let the victim's advocate know your position as well.

so they could use this against us I know but I have to tell the complete truth in detail

im sorry but what is victims advocate

John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson

If the courthouse does not have an individual who works with victims you should then alert the prosecutors about how the cops got it all wrong. His attorney should be able to guide you.

ok because I just got of the phone with the investigator and hes been very mean to me and iv have as of now documented our conversations because like i said they failed to mention in the report when asked if it was an accident and i said yes then they asked what area of his arm hit me i said the top of his hand not a complete fist.

do i need to file a complaint on the police department?

Ok what if I lied.

Tell this to the defendant's attorney. Make a statement and give it to the prosecutor. Then you've done everything you can.

Austin Family Violence Lawyer
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com