Skip to main content

I was in an auto accident. Can I still get paid for myself and my vehicle?

Salisbury, MD |
Attorney answers 3


Any experienced personal injury lawyer will tell you that they need much more information than this to evaluate this claim. Who was at fault? Who was injured? Were there witnesses? Are you treating for injuries?

If you have insurance coverage, immediately contact your agent. The agent will direct you through the channels for treatment and getting your car taken car of. Then contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in your area to analyze your options.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. If you'd like more, I'd suggest a more detailed questions. The folks who answer questions on here are usually pretty good about answering to the extent they can based on the facts they know and their knowledge of law in that particular jurisdiction.


See my response to your other post regarding personal injury. As for property damage, the answer is the same, but if you have collision coverage, you should make a claim with your insurance coverage. Be prepared to pay the deductible.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow your doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to your medical records. Photograph your injuries and the damage done to any vehicle or other property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. If you have collision damage coverage with your own insurance company, that will pay you for your car damages if the other party's insurance carrier is not settling the matter with you.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer