Skip to main content

I was in an accident and received a failure to yield ticket.

Buffalo, NY |

I was exiting a parking lot and turning left. I never saw the other car and was hit. My ticket options are guilty or not guilty. How should I plead? I looked and never saw the other car. Concerned about my record and insurance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Under NY law you have to see what there is to be seen. The other car didn't just come out of no where. I suggest you call your insurance carrier to see if they will defend you on the ticket as it could impact any civil case against you. The odds are they won't so if that happens I suggest you hire a local traffic court lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Report the case to your auto insurance company and find an attorney to handle your ticket. Good luck.

This information does not constitute am attorney / client relationship and is just a general answer to the question posed with the limited facts available. There is no substitute to a consultation with an attorney licensed in your State.


Hire a local traffic lawyer and report the accident to your insurance company. You need to cooperate with your insurance company so that you will be covered under the terms of the policy.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Contact your insurance company immediately and inform them of the accident. Was anyone hurt in the other car? You should ask the carrier to assign counsel to represent you in the event that someone was injured as you will likely be sued and it is in the carrier's interest as well as your own to see that the traffic ticket case is handled appropriately. If the carrier will not assign counsel, you should hire an attorney to represent you in Court to defend against the charges.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney.


Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You should contact an attorney to help you with this. I provide free consultations to help you handle matters such as this. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer