I was in a wreck. After going to the ER, seeing my doctor, ( 6-7times) She sent me to the pain management specialist after

Shellman, GA |

being xrayed again. I was finally acepted by the speciailist. After seeing him 6-7 times and he giving me medicines to treat the pain.. (Important note) Shortly after the accident occurs, I went to see a Chiropractor just for xrays because I wanted to have a second opinion of what was going on and causing pain. After the Pain specialist finish seeing me, I went back to Chiropractor (weeks in between) bc I was still having pain. After going to chiropractor for a few weeks, I feel like Im not getting any better and it becomin a waste of my time....What options can I exercise as far as legality and medical options. I want to go to an Orthopedics.(which I am not sure why my dr. didnt see me there first) WHAT CAN I DO?

Tell your doctor exactly what is going on medically and ask for a referral to an orthopedic specialist.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Is it important to go back to my Dr. to get referred or should I just go as a walk in patient? What are the pros and cons?

David J. McCormick

David J. McCormick

Depending on your health insurance you may need a referral. Either way, it's best to get the referal from your doctor.

You seem frustrated with your lack of progress and I understand that you want to seek the advice and opinion of an orthopedic specialist. If you haven't already, ask your doctor for a referral to an orthopedic specialist. If your doctor won't refer you, I would find another primary care doctor who would. Based on the information you have provided, I do not think you have a medical negligence case, at least not at this time.

Is it important to go back to my Dr. to get referred or should I just go as a walk in patient? What are the pros and cons

You need to contact my office. I will be glad to help find an orthopedic
doctor to treat you.

Regards,

Aaron Marks
404-939-1485
--
Aaron Marks, Esq.
The Marks Law Group, LLC
103 W. Dearborn Circle
Decatur, GA 30030
www.markslawgroup.com
aaron@ markslawgroup.com
404-939-1485 (ph)
404-581-5902 (fx)

--
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED; DO NOT FORWARD OR DISCLOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS
PERMISSION. Communications from attorneys and their employees are
confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed without the sender's
express permission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive
any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to
this communication. Further, anything you believe to be tax advice in this
communication, including attachments, cannot be used to avoid penalties
under the Internal Revenue Code, nor does it promote, market, or recommend
any transaction or tax-related matter. The Marks Law Group does not give
tax advice.
>

ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED; DO NOT FORWARD OR DISCLOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. Communications from attorneys and their employees are confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed without the sender's express permission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Further, anything you believe to be tax advice in this communication, including attachments, cannot be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, nor does it promote, market, or recommend any transaction or tax-related matter. The Marks Law Group does not give tax advice.

Trying to handle a car accident without a lawyer becomes overwhelming for people. Retain a personal injury lawyer who can handle everything. Always best to find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not the lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I agree with Mr. McCormick. You should ask your doctor for a refferal and proceed to get the proper medical attention. You may want to consult with a local motor vehicle accident attorney to review the details of your case. I hope you found my response helpful.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.