I was in a center lane waiting to make a left turn and I was hit need to know who's at fault details below

Summerfield, FL |

While in the center lane waiting for traffic to clear to make a left turn onto the road the lane was clear I turned and half out this car changed lanes hitting me I was already half way out in the road she hit me from the start of my door handle all the way from the front of my Toyota sequoia she was in a little car she had minimal damage mine is all scraped up dented and my rim broke giving me a flat tire her car was damaged on the driver side close to her tire no damage to headlights or anything you couldn't tell by looking at the front of her car. The officer didn't cite me nor her but put it on the report as my fault because I was turning left .
Is it really my fault if my lane was clear I was already half way out she changes lanes and hits me.

It's their fault.

What would you say the reasoning is due to the fact that the officer said even though she hit me trying to change lanes I was still turning so its my fault but also contradicted himself stating he wasn't going to give me a ticket because I was already in the lane The more I thought about it it seems pretty easy to tell she was changing lanes when she shouldn't have bc she never would have been able to get back into the right lane into the grass if she wasn't already partially in the right lane trying to get over Could this be effectively argued. She already put a claim on my insurance

Jacob E. Segal

Jacob E. Segal

The police officer didn't see this accident. Her report not admissable. You are not at fault from your version. I would put a claim on against the othner driver. I'll do it for you if you want.

It is always a bad idea to make a left turn from the center lane, or a right turn for that matter. The lawyers on Avvo are not here to determine fault. Report the accident to your insurance company so they can resolve this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I'm seeing this now although I had no choice it was also kinda like a cross between a merge and a turn

Not possible to determine absolute fault. That is a question ultimately up to a judge or jury. The police report should have statements and other factual info, as do the parties and witnesses. There may be physical evidence too such as skids, debris, car damage etc. Soemetimes fault is apportioned. Notify your ins co, seek medical care if needed, and consult with a local injury lawyer.

You need to report this to your insurance company. Also it is in your best interest to find a local attorney who practices in auto accident law.
Good Luck
Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference