I was in a accident last Thursday the officer said it was not my fault it was with a semi truck. i was not at fault

Clinton, NC |

i been in so much pain the last 3 days and the doctors didn't really help.

Seek out a local attorney to protect your rights with the insurance company for the trucking company. The attorney can handle all of the legal issues and assist with whatever contacts he/she may have for medical attention while you concentrate on getting better.

Sidney Weinstein

Sidney Weinstein

Was the accident in NC or another state?

Sidney Weinstein

Sidney Weinstein

In addition, do not participate in any recorded statements with the insurance company until you get the approval from your attorney, if at all, and let your own insurance carrier know you were in the accident.

it was here in n.c 2 mins away from my house i was on my way to work and he got in my lane i tried to stop. my car was totaled i have pics from my car that i tried to stop and how my car was damaged

You really need to have an attorney in your area investigate this accident for you and whether you have any legal recourse. Look in your area for attorneys who are experienced in handling cases involving semi-trucks. You can then concentrate on getting better.

Good luck!

Consult and retain a local attorney in NC immediately. Have the attorney help you find a doctor or licensed physical therapist in your area that can provide therapy. These types of injuries rarely go away very quickly without at least some therapy.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

I hope that you have seen a good doctor. The last tractor trailer case that I handled was on highway 24 heading from Warsaw toward the rest stop at I-40. Please review my web site at : www.RLAattorney.com. I would be more than happy to talk and/or meet with you to discuss things. If you need a good doctor. Alex Huff MD in Clinton is a wonderful Orthopaedic surgeon. A word of caution. Insurance companies for trucking companies are notorious for being very aggressive. They may not have your best interest in mind. Do not give them a statement without speaking to an attorney. Thank you

I would recommend talking with a lawyer about your legal rights. In addition, your lawyer should be able to outline for you the various medical treatment options that typically exist, depending on whether you have any health insurance and what kind. Given that the collision was with a tractor trailer, a special set of laws called the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations may apply, so it is important that the lawyer you hire have experience in dealing with these Federal regs. I have posted a number of videos on Avvo and YouTube with information on this topic that may assist you in becoming more educated and informed. At this point, the key factor is you understanding your rights and obligations under the law. Then, with that information, you can determine whether you need or want a lawyer to assist you.