I was hurt last week in vegas by security at a hotel/casino. Iam in the process of hiring a lawyer on contingency.

Patchogue, NY |

I was injuried, and im in pain right now after coming back home to NY after leaving Vegas. I went to hospital for knee, neck, back and shoulder pain and wrist and facial contusions. My question is... I really want to go see specialists for my knee, my neck, and my back pain. I have been looking up the symptoms for what I feel right and they are associated with a torn meniscus in the knee, possible torn rotator cuff in shoulder, neck pain could be anything from sore to slip disc. Should I go to work and just fight through the pain? Or should I realistically just tell them what happened and go to doctors? And what if the doctors say working in my field will just make it worse? Disability pays NOTHING each week...how to go about this?

Whether you should work or not is a medical question not a legal question. Retain a lawyer asap.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Unfortunately you have to decide what is most important in a difficult situation. For medical reasons, not just for legal reasons, you should see a doctor immediately have a full diagnostic workup. Sometimes medical conditions will not resolve correctly if they're not diagnosed and treated immediately. Additionally, from a legal standpoint you need to document everything as soon as possible b Failure to do some Oberrender you suspect in the defense insurance industry will claim everything you say is fabricated if it is not documented properly and worked up immediately by competent medical personnel in various specialties. Best wishes in this difficult situation. I think you should make sure you contact and retain an attorney who is greatly experienced in this area as soon as possible.
Best of luck in this difficult situation.
Bob Brenna Jr
Brenna Brenna and Boyce P LLC
Rochester New York

Bob, Robert L. Brenna, Jr. No relationship is intended, agreed upon or accepted by answering this general question Brenna Brenna and Boyce PLLC Rochester, New York brenna@brennalaw.com

Thank you .. i have already well im about to sign a contract on contingency with the best in the business who specializes in casinos beating there customers. Security stole my phone at the security desk in the middle of the casino floor after i tried making a complaint and he wouldnt make the complaint, i asked to speeak to a supervisor, he wouldnt let me, he wouldnt call the cops for me. So i took my phone out to record him saying no and he grabbed my phone and tried to delete the video..he deleted a ton of videos but not the one that was still recording, I yelled for my phone back and then other security guards come and I tell them hes got my phone and they throw me to floor and beat me up and then bring me in the back room then let me go about an hour later and tell me to be quite. I went to hospital as soon as I got home back in ny.

Obtain any necessary medical care & immediately consult a local Vegas personal injury attorney

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Contact a local personal injury attorney right away. Long Island has some very good personal injury attorneys.

Legal disclaimer: Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the State of New York only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to NY State. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.

Something doesn't sound right. You claim all of these injuries, but you haven't even sought any treatment yet. You are self diagnosing? What is the question?

Its called webmd symtom checker lol I just got back from vegas, I went to hospital that thurs night. I have a wrist contusion, face contusion, neck and knee pain. I have to go see specialists. But i looked online and put in the symptoms for each of what im feeling this weekend. And thats what it came up with. It could be wrong... i havent seen a specialists yet. Im just asking questions

I was at the hospital about 24 hours after the incident, I was on a plane all day long going home to NY a couple of hours after the incident. As of this weekend after settling in these are the pains ive been experiencing. More stuff then what I even thought and trust me im a big guy, played football and sports. I thought a few things were just "sore" but in reality they are not

David Ian Schoen

David Ian Schoen

If you want to contact me directly, I have a LI personal injury office which you can consult with to get an idea if you have anything worth pursuing.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

you still need to get to an orthopedist. as for bringing suit, depending upon what hotel it is, you may be able to bring the case in New York State Supreme Court, or at worst federal court in SDNY

It was at hard rock hotel, I am in process of signing a contingency contract with a lawyer that specializes in this stuff in nevada. I am going to skip work tomorow and go see my doctor and get appointments made for specialists

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

good idea. just remember, the Vegas economy depends on the casino hotels and they are the biggest, second biggest, third biggest, etc. employers in the community. your jury pool will contain many casino workers., though, of course the will be many members of the community who are not connected to the industry. my point is, you need to discuss this with your attorney in the context of having been injured by hotel security. make sure Vegas is the proper place (venue) to bring this case.

David Ian Schoen

David Ian Schoen

That is definitely something that needs to be considered

If you're injured see a doctor or go to a hospital right away.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

You should see a doctor first. The MRI's will show if the knew and rotator cuff tears are new or whether they are preexisting.

Your Vegas affinity is apparent since you are gambling with your health in trying to figure the odds of treatment versus a potential lawsuit. First things first....go see the MDs. Once you have a good handle on the injuries, see a PI attorney to assess your case. The attorney will be able to deal with your injuries and the law and that is not your concern. Nevada has, I believe, a 2 year statute of limitations which you can confirm with the Nevada attorney you consult about your case. Without any medical diagnoses, absent a missing limb or similar catastrophic and apparent injury, most PI attorneys will request you meet after you have had medical treatment and at least a prognosis.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.