Skip to main content

I was hit by another driver in Pennsylvania after my policy elapsed the accident was the same day as lapse

Harrisburg, PA |

I was hit by another driver in Pennsylvania after my policy elapsed the accident was the same day as lapse

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Sorry for your crash. . . and your question(s)?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


I don't understand your question. But sounds like you need to contact your insurance company to find ut if your coverage ended that same day or were you given any period of grace?

I am only licensed in Arkansas. No part of this answer should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship.


If your question is whether you are covered by your own policy, that depends on the specifics of your policy and the timing. You should review your policy and consult with an attorney as soon as possible with more specific questions.


You still should be able to make claims against the other driver for property damage and personal injury. Whether your insurance provides coverage or not will depend on the exact time of the lapse. You should find out from your insurance company whether the lapse occurred before or after the collision.

Good luck.


What is your question?


A lawyer would need to review all policies to find out.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Contact a personal injury attorney. They can review your policy with you to see If you were still covered under your insurance or if it lapsed. Most will not charge for a consult. Speak with an attorney before you talk to your insurance company. My firm handles these matters.

Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer