I was hit by a car when I was in a gas station. No one was injured.

San Francisco, CA |

The car backed up and hit my car on the side as I was waiting for a car to get out of the pump area where I was trying to park. This car was initially in front of this pump area and suddenly backed up. As I was seeing the car coming, I honked by there was nothing else I could do. When I talked to couple of ladies, the daughter told me right away that she wasn't driving but she was the one driving. The mother gave her driver's license and each of us called our insurance companies. A few days later, I contacted my insurance and then told me that they ackwnoledge that they were backing up and confirmed that it wasn't my fault. Then, I received a letter from the ladies insurance saying that I had to cover for the car damages because the accident was my fault. I don't know how to go about it.

As I understand your question, you should immediately report this to your insurance company.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Turn the matter over to you insurance company.

Just turn this over to your insurance carrier for handling. Make sure to give them the letter you received from the ladies insurance. Your carrier understands that this is not your fault.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Your insurance company will resolve it.

Give the letter to your own insurance company. Let them investigate and defend the claim.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to provide legal advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.