Skip to main content

I was given an open container ticket and want to know if I can get it reduced?

Brockport, NY |

I have no prior history and told the officer I was using the bottle as a spitter because I was chewing tobacco. Is my best bet to plead guilty or show up to court and contest it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

+ Read More

Filed under: Criminal defense
Attorney answers 4


Show up and contest it. It can be reduced to an ACD which means dismissal after 6 months.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Show up in court and contest it. It will be reduced and either dismissed or calendared for later dismissal (ACD).


where did this happen, in the city?

Matisyahu Wolfberg
NY Criminal defense Attorney

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] I am licensed to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue



The Town of Brockport, Ny a college town 25 minutes outside of Rochester


If this is at 346 Broadway you will not likely be offered an ACD. You can, however, hire a lawyer to appear for you and resolve the matter without your having to go to court. I'm there all the time.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer