Skip to main content

I was eating a Baby Ruth candy bar a few weeks ago bit down on it broke part of my tooth.. Got it fixed. It was a small rock.

Denham Springs, LA |
Attorney answers 4


Certainly it would not be expected that a rock would be in a candy bar. I suggest looking up an attorney in your area to discuss your rights.


Save the rock and retain a local defective products lawyer to investigate a claim.


Save the rock the rest of the candy bar and the wrapper and take them to a local attorney to investigate. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


As the other attorneys have suggested, save the rock, save the wrapper, save any photos you may have taken to document the Baby Ruth and/or your tooth, and request a copy of your dental records, including any x-ray films the dentist took (there may be a fee for this, if so, you may wish to wait until you retain counsel).

There are many personal injury attorneys in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas, there's a great attorney in Lafayette, Clay Burgess. If you don't mind travelling to Lafayette, he's one of the best. (337) 234-7573.

Information provided in this response is intended to be informational or educational only. It in no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. Because every case is factually dependent, it is not possible to accurately answer each question posed. If you have sincere legal concerns, it is highly recommended that you seek legal counsel in your area. Any response is not intended to create, nor does it create, a continuing duty to respond.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer