Skip to main content

I was deported because of committing fraud, stayed illegally). My husband is US Citizen. Can i reenter US after 10 years bar?

Harrisburg, PA |

I entered US with B1 visa and applied for asylum. But my case was denied and refuse to back to my country. Long after that, i married and had a son.We got approval I-130. But i still got deported to my hometown. We had the copy of I-130. My question is: can i reenter US after 10 years?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to. But don't take my word for it: have husband consult your case with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You might not need to wait 10 years. You might qualify for a waiver under INA 212i. Talk to an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


Unless the waiver is granted, the inadmissibility for fraud is for life. Keep that in mind.


Go directly to an immigration attorney for a paid consultation and have him/her explore if you qualify for a waiver to the 10 year bar.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer