Skip to main content

I was convicted of robbery in the 3rd degree in alabama how can i go about gettin my record expunged i was 18yrs old im 25 now

Enterprise, AL |

i was 18 when i commited the crime and just turned 20 when i was sentenced. im just trying to live an ordanary life and get a job and raise my family.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


They do not expunge in Alabama. Did you get youthful offender. If yes, the file is sealed.

The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. The attorney is licensed in the State of Alabama. No answers or information on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship.


As the other answer stated, Alabama does not currently have a law permitting expungement of criminal records. However, a bill that would permit expungement has been introduced into the Alabama legislature several times in recent years. I would encourage you to call your state representative and state senator, and ask them to try to enact the expungement law in Alabama during this legislative session. The only way it will become law is if enough citizens demand it.

Good luck to you.

William L. Pfeifer, Jr.