Skip to main content

I was convicted of BAC > .08 one year ago in CA and moving to NY for job relocation. I currently have auto insurance and SR-22

Amsterdam, NY |

insurance. I have completed all court requirements (i.e. driving classes, fines, etc). Do I need to apply for a NY license and register my car in NY. My probation is for 2 more years. Please present my options moving forward. I plan on living in NY for 2/3 years and then returning to CA.
Thank you much in advance!

PS. My auto insurance is up for renewal later this month along with SR-22.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes, you must change your drivers license in NY within 30 days of moving to NY. Same goes for your insurance. You can then change it back to CA when you move back there.



Welcome to New York.

I suggest that you read:

I also suggest you read:

I hope that you find the above limks helpful and that you enjoy your time here in New York.

Best regards,

George P . Conway