I was civilly committed for I "might" become a threat, although never threatened to harm anybody, court ruled

Minneapolis, MN |

This is a First Amendment question. I was sending emails to the FBI for help against local cops' unreasonable searches. The county mental health court, who always sides with local cops, obliquely reasoned that although I didn't threaten to harm anybody, I "might" become violent someday because my FBI complaints posed a threat to that cop (that cop is also corrupt in other ways, and I mentioned in emails what that cop would face in a federal prison if he's caught). Therefore it's worth locking me up and loading me up with forced medications so I'll be forced to give up my FBI complaint.

Nationwide, is there a precedent whereby a complainant can be locked up and medicated for he "might" become a threat? I thought a legal threat like that is in no way illegal, attorneys do it all the time.

I was under a lot of stress those days as that cop repeatedly came to my house without a warrant, so I said some unpleasant words in my emails to him. I thought corrupt as he is, there would be no chance that an impartial court can start talking about my "mental health issues" before clearing up his corruption that I pointed out. Unfortunately local courts always side with local cops and are just as corrupt. I'm working on my appeals now. Please let me know if there was any precedent whereby an American court can lock someone up for what he "might" do. There was no evidence that I wanted to physically harm anyone, there were, rather, abundant evidence to the contrary. In every email I sent to the cop I said I'd use legal actions to remove him. The words "I'd use legal actions to" were always invisible to the county court, the words "remove him", however, were always highlighted out.

My advice is the same as before. You need to find an attorney, sit down for a face to face conversation, explain the facts to them, and let them explain the law.

For a free consultation, call 612-217-0077. This information is general in nature. You should not rely on this information as legal advice, as each case is unique. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are in need of legal advice concerning a particular matter, you are encouraged to contact us at your earliest convenience.

I agree with attorney Acherman--these kinds of issues require close examination of the facts, review of the emails and close matching of facts with the law--than cannot be done online. See a local attorney asap. Best of luck.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Ascherman--my bad.