Skip to main content

I was chranged with manfactin meth.

Barbourville, KY |

i was chranged with manfactin meth. and i am out on house arrest and was wanting to know how long they can hold me without and indictment

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


When charged with a felony in Kentucky, and arrested, the courts must arraign you to inform you of the charges you are facing. From that point, if you are in jail, the government has 10 days to hold a preliminary hearing to determine if they can hold you (or your bond). If you are out of jail on bond, the government has 20 days to hold the hearing. If they blow that deadline, they must let you go, or release your bond, but the government can charge you in front of the grand jury for the rest of your life, no statute of limitations on felonies. In that case, they cannot, however, ever arrest you again for the same charge without having indicted you.

If you had a preliminary hearing, or waived it for a bond or in-home-detention, then the government has 60 days to indict you. If they blow that deadline, same as above, the court must let you go and/or release your bond.

Much more importantly, as a class B felony, you are facing 10-20 years in prison, and NEED A LAWYER.

This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship.


If you were arrested, I assume you went to arraignment court, were released on house arrest and the Court set a date for a probable cause hearing. I assume you have not been back to court for that hearing. The court will conduct a probable cause hearing and either dismiss the case or refer it to the Grand Jury to consider an indictment.

I also assume you are represented by cousel. If not, hire a competent criminal defense attorey ASAP. You need to address these questions to your local counsel.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer