Skip to main content

I was charged with providing a minor with alcohol and my roommate who is 20 got an MIP.

Oroville, CA |

We were at the store and I went to unlock my truck but my hands were full so I set the beer down on the hood and opened my door, then she picked it up to put it inside and 4 undercover cops surrounded us and charged us both with misdemeanors. How can we fight this so we are not convicted?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Each of you needs to hire his own counsel. There are no shortcuts.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.


I agree - you both need a lawyer - it wouldn't necessarily be wise to both use the same attorney. Discuss the details with your lawyers and not on here since public.


The short answer is that both of you need to hire criminal attorneys to fight this case. This is the kind of charge that can lead to diversion (no criminal record), dismissal, or a conviction depending on a number of factors and which attorney you get. Best of luck.