Skip to main content

I was charged with conspiracy to grand larcany i think,and would like a opinion on my situation.

Richmond, VA |

This happened on my birthday. I was released that night. The guy i was with said he was getting me something for my birthday, so i got a groglide razor, didnt think he had much money so that was something cheap. I picked up a bottle of lotion and got that as well. He asked me where was the body wash i pointed to it. so with it being my birthday i didnt want to just sit in the house so i just went. When we was about to leave, he said to me come on lets go this way(through th garden area in Wal-Mart). I stated no, we have to go this way to the register. He said to me we aint have to pay for s**t lets go. I said no you go head im going to the register because by that time i had picked up some cereal and milk. I payed and left then the police had got us.

im a 20 year old college sophomore with a 3.7 GPA. I have no criminal record prior to this, and it was some mistake i made and i regret. Im in desprate need od some answers please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You have been charge with a crime and you have gone online and made statements against your best interest, in writing in a pubic forum.. Right now you are zero for two. Failing to get yourself a criminal defense attorney will make it a strike out.

Hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. Do whatever it takes--borrow money from your parents/relatives.

Stay offline (social networks too) with any discussion of the incident. Let your attorney know what you posted.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


You can be charged with conspiracy if you have knowingly participated in the planning of the larceny offense, or you assisted in the crime. Simply being present when a crime occurs does not link you to that crime by itself.

You should speak to a criminal defense lawyer in your area. They may be able to subpoena video tapes from the store to help your case.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.