I was charged with a UMP and received an ACD .

Brewster, NY |

Would a routine traffic stop such as speeding, or a missing brake light bring back my charges?
or am i only to stay out of trouble referring to the marijuana?

A traffic ticket would not cause a prosecutor to restore the ACD.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

No, a routine traffic stop would not cause the DA's Office to reopen the marijuana charge. A new arrest for a criminal offense could, in theory, cause the ACD'd matter to be reopened.

A new arrest for a criminal charge is the intent of a violation of the ACD, not a traffic infraction.

Note: For informational purposes only. Seek an in person consultation with an attorney to be informed about all of your rights.