Skip to main content

I was charged with a resist w/o and parah.. i walked from a ally and was approched by police from there detained and charged so?

Lakeland, FL |

like i said i was detained and charged w/ a notice to appear now at pre trial w/o a lawyer i feel i was attacked what should i do ??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire a lawyer to fight for you.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.



What probalbe cause did he have to stop you in the first place. They can't just stop anybody and search them. He'll most likely lie and say he saw the para. Ask how far was he from you. If it's over 25 feet it's very unlikely that he determined you had nothing else on planet earth but para. That's not probable cause. That's looking for trouble- and illegally I might add. I had the same thing happen to me. I embarassed him at trial. He said he saw me eat a handful of pot at 2 in the morning on a dark street, but could not see his partner who testified that he was 5 feet away with his flashlight on. That defys human logic, human ability (or lack of), and science. How does somebody see without question one thing on a dark street, but can't see a flashlight 5 feet away. The answer- a lying prick of a cop who will hassle the wrong person someday and die.


Hire a lawyer before you go to court! It is better to deal with these things proactively.


You know the drill. Hire an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer