Skip to main content

I was charged with a DUI in Maryland but had a PA license and now a resident in WV. Can I take the alcohol classes in WV?

Martinsburg, WV |

I have already went through court and received a PBJ with mandatory alcohol classes. At the time, I was living in Maryland but with a PA drivers license. It was only a temporary living arrangement. I now live in WV and currently unemployed. I need to at least register for classes before July or I am afraid that i may have a warrant out for my arrest, however my alcohol assessment is $315.00 now because i am a out of state. I can only afford to go to classes in WV because the assessment fee is waived. What do can I do? Am I able to take classes here ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes. WV has reciprocity with PA and MD when comes to acceptance of each state's license "alcohol safety education" classes.

Nearest WV DMV can provide contact info on closest course for prompt enrollment.

Harley O. Wagner, Esq.


there are generally classes available in WV that will be accepted in Maryland. contact your lawyer or your court clerk to confirm it would be acceptable.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Yes, you can. I would check with MD to ensure that you take the equivalent program in WV.

This content is informational only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer