Skip to main content


Troy, NY |
Attorney answers 4


Based upon the little information that you have provided, if you were charged with a DUI and never appeared to answer the charge, you would have an obligation to contact the court and arrange to appear in court to answer the charge.
You should consult and hire a local attorney to assist you in this matter.

Good Luck-

Note: For informational purposes only. Seek an in person consultation with an attorney to be informed about all of your rights.


Then you most likely have a warrant for your arrest.
You will need a local attorney in Florida so re-post an actual question under the Florida section of AVVO and mention the city which will help with the responses.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Hire an attorney familiar with the jurisdiction of your arrest and arrange to surrender voluntarily on the warrant.


You probably have a warrant out for your arrest. You should probably stay out of Florida until you contact a Florida lawyer and get this matter resolved. Good luck.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not take action based upon this information without consulting legal counsel. This answer is not intended to create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship. PLEASE REMEMBER: All claims and legal matters have statutes of limitations and/or other important time periods that apply to them. This means that you must take action on all claims or legal matters within the required time period(s) or your claims could be barred by the statute of limitations or dismissed. Contact our office or another competent attorney immediately to discuss the particular facts of any claim or legal issue you might have in order to learn what time periods apply to your particular situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer