Skip to main content

I was charged with 4th degree DUI in April of 2013. I am on Supervised probation for a year. Can I go on vacation out of the U.S

Aurora, MN |

On my probation conditions it does not order that I follow the general conditions of probation. In the general conditions it states that you have to ask p.o. for permission to leave the state. Since this is not checked as an order can I go on vacation out of country. I am planning to go to Asia

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Generally, on a first offense DWI, there is no restriction on leaving theState. However, if you have a probation officer, you should make inquiry with that probation officer.

CALL 612-240-8005 for a Consultation. Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at


It probably will not be an issue but best to discuss it without the PO ahead of time so as to avoid any problems. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.


Not leaving the state is often a condition of felony probation; generally not for a misdemeanor. Still, it is a good idea to check with the probation office to be sure, and avoid any issues that could arise (such as impact on completing other conditions of probation).


I agree with my colleagues.