I was called a f..king bi..h by a fellow coworker.

Muskegon, MI |

I was told by the HR dept that the supervisor had talked to him. I feel he got away with it. Any case?

No.

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

You be the jury. What would you give for a simple insult like this? That will answer your question. If things escalate, that's a different story. Stay on the case to see what transpires.

Not at this point. Your employer is not required to terminate, transfer or suspend your coworker. Your employer is generally not responsible for your coworker's harassment until the employer is made aware of the problem.

If the coworker continues to disrespect or harass you, you can speak with HR again and perhaps they will take further action. If they don't, contact a local employment attorney for a consultation.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.