Skip to main content

I was beaten by a cop. What kind of attorney will I need?

Riverhead, NY |

The cop was arresting a friend of mine. I kept asking why. Another cop came up on me and asked me to back up. I asked why is he getting arrested. Why why? He arrested me for asking why and beat me with a paton. He lied and said i hit him. NO MARKS ON HIM. AND SAID I BROKE HIS GLASSES. (NOTHING WRONG WITH HIS GLASSES.) I had a huge bruises on my legs. I never put my hands on him. I was never arrested before. It this was my first time in jail or even getting in trouble besides parking tickets.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Civil rights

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


If you were charged with a crime, you need a criminal defense attorney. To pursue a claim for false arrest and excessive force, you need a civil rights attorney.


Personal injury or civil rights attorney.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Our office regularly handles such claims feel free to contact us to discuss...


I handle both criminal cases and police brutality cases. Check out my website and Avvo rating for more information.
John J. Carney Esq. 917 696 2363

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer